You cannot find your answer? Contact us and we will be happy to help.
How can I accept or reject changes made in Microsoft Word or OpenOffice documents?
Accept/reject changes in Microsoft Word documents:
Please click on the Review tab in your document
After viewing all suggestions, you can now accept or reject the visible changes made to the document. This can be done either by going to the Review tab > Accept or Reject or by right-clicking on the particular change and choosing either Accept Change or Reject Change.
- When accepting or rejecting a change in the menu bar, you will find more features. By clicking on Accept/Reject and Move to Next, you will automatically move to the next change made to the document. If you want to accept or reject all changes at once, please click on Accept/Reject all Changes Shown or Accept/Reject all Changes in the Document.
Accept/reject changes in OpenOffice documents:
The functionalities in an OpenOffice document are very similar to the ones in Microsoft Word. The main difference is a different naming of the tabs and functions. In order to accept or reject a change made in an OpenOffice document, please click on the Edit tab in your document and then go to Changes > Accept or Reject… For more details, please see "Accept/reject changes in Word documents".
How long does it take to process an order?
The processing time of an order depends on the text type, the volume and our availability. Based on this, we will send you a quote including an estimated delivery date. Since the quote is non-binding and is subject to the client’s approval, all delivery dates can only be estimated dates. After the acceptance of an order, we normally comply with the stated delivery times and consider them as binding. However, in order to secure ourselves legally – for example, in case of any unforeseeable events – our General Terms and Conditions state that we may extend the delivery date, but only by a maximum of 7 working days. For more details, please visit our General Terms and Conditions.
How does the order process work?
- Please attach your document to your request either by using our contact form or directly by e-mail. In our contact form, you will find both a subject line and a text box. Here, you can not only add the language pair, but also specify your requirements. The more detailed information on the translation’s purpose we get, the better we will be able to determine the price and delivery date in a non-binding quote, which we will send out shortly after your request.
- Shortly after your request (this may take up to 5 working days in exceptional cases; see General Terms and Conditions/Order placement), we will send out a quote including an estimated delivery date (see FAQ/Processing time) and a price offer.
- If you are satisfied with the quote, you can place your order, including any individual specifications. Order placements must be in writing, i. e. via our contact form, e-mail or by post.
- After the customer confirms the order, we will send out an order confirmation. Only then – when both the customer and ÜDiAL have confirmed the order – a binding contract exists between the customer and ÜDiAL. For more information, please visit our General Terms and Conditions.
How can I delete comments in a Microsoft Word or an OpenOffice document?
Delete comments in Microsoft Word document:
You must manually revise in accordance with editor comments. Microsoft Word does not automatically make the change suggested in a comment. Comments are meant to correct recurring problems or communicate directly with the author.
- The easiest way to delete a comment is to right-click on the desired comment box and then to select the option Delete Comment. You can also delete comments by clicking the Review tab in your menu bar.
Delete comments in OpenOffice file:
Like in Microsoft Word documents, OpenOffice does not automatically make the change suggested in a comment. Comments are meant to correct recurring problems or communicate directly with the author. To delete a comment, move your mouse to the right-hand side. Right-click on the comment and select Delete Comment from the dropdown menu. This will remove the comment.
Is the proofreader able to determine all mistakes in the document?
The aim of a proofreading job is to eliminate linguistic and stylistic mistakes to the greatest possible extent. This means that the proofreader will check your text for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation and hyphenation. All corrections made to the document remain visible and comprehensible for the customer. By keeping all corrections visible, the customer can easily accept or decline a change (see FAQ/Accept/Reject changes). It cannot be guaranteed that all mistakes and errors in the document will be eliminated. The German industry association of free editors (Branchenverband der Freien Lektorinnen und Lektoren (VFLL)) assumes that about 95 percent of all spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes should be found in a ”good“ proofreading or editing service.
Are the delivery deadlines stated in the quote binding?
Delivery deadlines are given to the customer to the best of our knowledge and belief and are usually complied with. The delivery deadlines are always expected dates, whereby – and only in exceptional cases, such as due to unforeseeable events – the order will be forwarded to the customer within a period of 7 working days after the specified delivery period at the latest. In the case of postal deliveries, the subsequent postal delivery time is usually three to five working days. A delivery is considered to have taken place when the processed order has been sent to the customer. Upon receipt of the translation or of the proofread document, the customer shall notify us by e-mail or phone immediately.
When can I request a free sample translation?
We offer a free sample translation for potential business customers (long-term cooperation) or for customers who have a larger translation order but would like to test our services before placing the whole document with us. If the sample translation is not requested by a potential business customer, it will only be produced from a potential order volume of at least 20 DIN A 4 pages. The sample translation may not exceed a maximum of 300 words and must be part of the potential order.
When does a binding contract between the customer and ÜDiAL exist?
A contract between the customer and ÜDiAL exists only when:
- the customer accepts the offer provided in the non-binding quote by confirming it in written form (via our contact form or e-mail) and
- ÜDiAL has sent an order confirmation in writing (via e-mail) after receiving the customer’s order placement.
Only if both parties have agreed to the offer (in written form), a contract exists between the customer and ÜDiAL.
How does the payment process work?
After receipt of the invoice, the customer has 14 days to transfer the agreed amount to the account indicated in the invoice. Payments are only possible by bank transfer or, if agreed upon, in cash. As long as the payment has not been received, the service provided belongs to ÜDiAL. After receipt of payment, the translation belongs to the customer and may be adjusted, changed or used for other purposes.