- Linguistic accuracy (see Linguistic Review)
- Skopos (aim of the translation and the intended audience)
- Completeness (omissions)
- Consistent style of writing (use of nouns vs. use of verbs)
- Content accuracy (mistranslations, false friends)
- Formatting (paragraphs, breaks, margins, highlighting, font size)
- Transmission errors (transposed numbers, misspelled names and proper nouns)
Revision of Translations
for the language pairs German <-> English and German <-> Polish
Are you questioning the translation quality of an already existing translation? Maybe you simply want to get a second professional opinion on a translation provided by another language provider before starting a long-term collaboration. Are you a translator looking for a second linguist to double-check your translation? We will happily compare your translation with its source text. In addition to linguistic accuracy, we will check your translation for repetitions, style, audience and comprehensiveness. Furthermore, your translation will be checked for omissions, mistranslations, false friends, numbers and names by segment, sentence and paragraph.
When comparing the source text with its translation, ÜDiAL pays special attention to:
Translation reviews are performed in Microsoft Word or OpenOffice programs (.doc/.dox/.odt). Adjustments made in regard to style and content always depend on the linguist’s language skills and because of this, all changes made to the document remain visible and it is up to you to decide whether you want to accept the change or not (for how to accept/decline changes, please go to FAQ).
Below, you will find an example of a revised translation from German into English.